More and more, people are beginning to value material possessions less and less. Instead, we are assigning greater importance to enriching personal experiences. It’s called the ‘experience economy’ and it’s absolutely booming — and with Classbento, you’ve hit the mother lode.
Whether you’re turning eighteen or eighty, your birthday is the perfect excuse to experience something new. Not sure where to start? Here’s five fun, creative and unusual activities that will make your special day the most memorable yet:
1. A Kokedama Making Workshop: Reconnect with nature and learn about the art of making Japanese-inspired Kokedama balls (basically mini plants living off a ball of special soil, bound by string) — hashtag home decor inspo.
2. A Cocktail Making Class: Learn how to make a damn good martini, or perhaps an old fashioned is more your style? A cocktail making class will have you shaking what your mumma gave you and pouring some seriously delicious birthday beverages.
3. A Jewellery Making Workshop: Express your creative flair and learn how to make a unique, wearable memento of your special day.
4. A Pottery Class: Get your hands nice and dirty and learn the basics of pottery. Bonus points if you create a vessel to drink some birthday beers from later on.
5. A Juggling Workshop: Nothing puts a smile on your face like watching someone juggle — now it’s your turn to master the art. The perfect class to let loose and have a few laughs.
If you’re lacking a little in the creativity department or your coordination isn’t quite up to scratch, don’t worry — Classbento workshops cater for people of all abilities and ages. What better time to learn a brand-new skill than on your birthday in a fun, supportive environment surrounded by good company!
Celebrating your birthday on a budget? Classbento has got you covered with classes starting from as little as $15 per person.
Ready to book your birthday bash? Almost all Classbento workshops have a ‘request a custom time’ option available. With the click of a button, you can request a private workshop for your group at a time of your choice. Simple!
Don’t forget to snap some photos of you and your friends having a ball at your Classbento workshop and be sure to tag @classbento on Instagram and Facebook!