The ClassBento website does not work properly on Internet Explorer older than version 11 (which is what you're using now). Sorry!
Please use a newer version of Internet Explorer, or better yet, another browser, like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Pick time(s) that suit you
reply   This teacher usually responds within a few hours
done   If the teacher is available, you'll be sent a link to book
You did not pass the Captcha test. Please click the button to try again
Pick a time on
Click 'Book', then tick the 'gift' option in the checkout, to get a giftable certificate
TIME5.5 hours 5.5 hrs
PRICE$280 $280 pp
Learn the fundamentals of healthy and easy Japanese cooking and gain more advanced knowledge and skills in practical and healthy Japanese cooking in this INTENSIVE hands-on and fun workshop. This workshop combines BOTH the Japanese Cooking Class (Basic) and Japanese Cooking Class (Intermediate) for a whole-day INTENSIVE workshop.
Follow detailed demonstrations by celebrated chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, who has had over twenty years experience and has frequented some of Sydney's top kitchens, authored two cook books and worked on shows like The Biggest Loser.
Some examples include:
• An understanding of basic Japanese seasonings
• How to balance each meal
• How to cook authentic rice
• How to make vegetarian dashi stock
• Miso soup (using homemade dashi/powdered dashi)
• How to cook teriyaki
• Making goma ae ( Japanese style very traditional salad) in two ways
• Cooking perfect tempura served with dipping sauce
• Basic knife skills
Some dishes you may cover:
• Cooking eggplant dengaku (two types of miso sauce)
• Agedashi tofu (using nori as garnish)
• Daikon and umeboshi salad
• How to prepare Inari sushi
Also, all of Yoshiko's classes (except the "Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)") are suitable for vegans.
• Reservations may be transferred to another available class if more than 7 days’ notice is given.
• If you cannot make it to your reserved class, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
• Cancellations are not refundable.
• Booking is essential and is subject to availability.
Japanese Cooking Class (Beginner), at Sat 30 Mar at 1pm
Japanese Cooking Class (Intermediate), at Sat 13 Apr at 1pm
Matcha Lovers High Tea Workshop, at Sun 14 Apr at 1pm
Natural Weight Loss Intensive Jap Cooking Workshop, at Sat 27 Apr at 10am
No knowledge required.
Please bring an apron and wear closed shoes. Everything else will be provided.
Loft & Earth, Level 1, 70 Bronte Rd Bondi Junction, NSW
Passionate chef, and author of 2 Japanese health-food cookbooks
I am a passionate and experienced chef, and have turned this passion into creating vegan and vegetarian recipes with a Japanese twist, which will help you stay young, beautiful and healthy. Take control of your relationship with food and learn to love healthy recipes! I want all my students to be glowing with confidence, energy, and healthy beauty. Just give it a try!
I've worked with chefs like Tetsuya Wakuda (Tetsuya's restaurant) and was a professional chef for over 10 years, and have been teaching cooking for almost 20 years. My mission is to promote a healthy and enriching lifestyle for all my students. I would love to share my passion and knowledge with you.
In case you haven't noticed where the class schedule is, just click here and/or look at the bottom of your screen. Then click the "Tap to pick a time" dropdown menu to select a time.
We'll keep you posted!