Pick time(s) that suit you
reply   This teacher usually responds within a few hours
done   If the teacher is available, you'll be sent a link to book
This class costs $150 per person when you book for 1 student, $140 pp for 2 students, $133 for 3+ students
You did not pass the reCAPTCHA test above. Please try again
Pick a time on
Select the 'gift' option in the checkout to get a giftable certificate
TIME2.5 hours 2.5 hrs
PRICE$133 - $150 $133-$150 pp info_outline
The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.
Japanese superfoods have bountiful healing opportunities, including cleansing the blood, remedies for common flu symptoms and boosting the immune system and optimising the digestive system. Once used as medicine in ancient times, these superfoods have the ability to ward off diseases and promote a longer, healthier and happier life.
Start a healthier and happier life for yourself and your loved ones, in Yoshiko Takeuchi’s fun and hands-on cooking workshop.
This class covers foods and cooking techniques for:
• Cleansing our blood
• Preventing illness
• Macrobiotic home remedies for common symptoms of the flu, sore throat, and stomach upset
• Boosting our immune system
• Optimising our digestive system
• Fermentation, containing probiotics and prebiotics
As a sample, some tasty dishes and ingredients you could play with on the day include:
• 3 types of noodles: Konnyaku noodle with umeboshi, black rice noodle with shallot and rice noodle with nori ( seaweed), served with a detox soup made with Japanese dashi, daikon, kuzu, shiitake and ginger.
• Cauliflower fried rice done in two ways - one cooked with wok and another in the oven.
• Raw cauliflower outer leaves mixed with plum vinegar and ground sesame
• Kuzu apple and Amazake pudding with raw kiwi sauce for dessert
Also, all of Yoshiko's classes (except the "Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)") are suitable for vegans.
• Reservations may be transferred to another available class if more than 7 days’ notice is given.
• If you cannot make it to your reserved class, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
• Cancellations are not refundable.
• Booking is essential and is subject to availability.
Healthy Gut with Japanese Superfoods Class, at Sat 24 Nov at 1pm
Superfood Gyoza Cooking Workshop, at Sun 25 Nov at 1pm
Superfood Sushi Workshop, at Sat 1 Dec at 1pm
Matcha Lovers High Tea Workshop, at Sun 2 Dec at 1pm
Natural Weight Loss with Japanese Superfoods Class, at Sat 19 Jan at 1pm
No prior knowledge required.
All equipment provided.
Loft & Earth, Level 1, 70 Bronte Rd Bondi Junction, NSW
In case you haven't noticed where the class schedule is, just click here and/or look at the bottom of your screen. Then click the "Tap to pick a time" dropdown menu to select a time.
We'll keep you posted!