Pick time(s) that suit you
reply   This teacher usually responds within a few minutes
done   If the teacher is available, you'll be sent a link to book - this teacher has accepted 90% of requests
This teacher is usually available every week on:
You did not pass the Captcha test. Please click the button to try again
Pick a time on
Select the 'gift' option in the checkout to get a giftable certificate
TIME30 mins 30mins
PRICE$45 $45 pp
Take a relaxing stroll through Hyde Park and stretch your mind.
In just half an hour you’ll realise that the definition of knowledge is pretty tricky, and in fact, you might decide that you don't actually ‘know’ anything at all!
In this fun philosophy class I'll lead a fun discussion on what constitutes knowledge - how can we truly know something?
- Do you know something just because you believe in it?
- Is belief a sufficient condition for knowledge?
- Is belief a necessary condition for knowledge?
- What other conditions do we need for knowledge?
What will we cover?
- Introduction to the field of philosophy, and how philosophers build and defeat arguments
- Some initial ideas from how prominent philosophers have tried to define knowledge
- You get to challenge these philosophers (with my help), and maybe create your own definition!
What will you walk away with?
- You'll build your skills with logic and reasoning (which can help you whether you're building or critiquing an argument at work, or whether you're finding holes in your partner's excuse for not doing the house chores)
- You’ll have a great topic of conversation for your next water-cooler chat / date / catch-up
If the weather is bad or if you hate trees, we can go to a nearby cafe instead. Let's philosophise!
This class is available on Request
None. Just bring your enthusiasm!
Hyde Park, Sydney, NSW
The teacher can also travel within 1km of Sydney for private classes
By Steve (attended on 27 Apr 2018)
By Alexi (attended on 5 Feb 2018)
By Keiran T (attended on 24 Oct 2017)
We'll keep you posted!