The ClassBento website does not work properly on Internet Explorer older than version 11 (which is what you're using now). Sorry!
Please use a newer version of Internet Explorer, or better yet, another browser, like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Pick time(s) that suit you
reply   This teacher usually responds within a few minutes
done   If the teacher is available, you'll be sent a link to book
This teacher is usually available every week on:
You did not pass the Captcha test. Please click the button to try again
Pick a time on
Click 'Book', then tick the 'gift' option in the checkout, to get a giftable certificate
TIME4.5 hours 4.5 hrs
PRICE$169 $169 pp
If you’ve been curious about how to make natural soap completely from scratch, but perhaps a little daunted by how to start, then this is the workshop for you!
Not only is it a wonderful skill to have, but once you can make your own nourishing, moisturising soaps, you won’t need to go back to mass-produced “soap” again, with its artificial ingredients and drying detergents.
Much like cooking, soap making uses some ingredients and equipment you might already have in your kitchen. However, since the authentic process of soap making involves the use of lye or caustic soda, extra care must be taken.
During this workshop you will be taught the essentials of cold process soapmaking using only premium natural ingredients, like Organic Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Sunflower oil, Essential oils, Botanicals, Mica and more. You will then make your own batch of soap choosing your favourite Essential Oil and you will receive instructions on how to cut and cure the soap by yourself at home. You will be decorating your creations with dried flowers like Rose petals, Rose Buds, Chamomile, Lavender, Calendula, Cornflower, White Jasmine Buds. Create your own personal recipe with our premium supplies!
This workshop is suitable for everyone who is interested in learning how to make soap products with natural ingredients that suit your skin.
No prior knowledge is required.
- Safe techniques
- Comparison between commercially manufactured soap and handmade
- Natural ingredients & their benefits for your skin
- Discussion on the different methods to make soap by hand
- Making soap with sodium hydroxide
By the end of this course you will have:
- Knowledge about the soapmaking processes
- An understanding of natural ingredients & their benefit to your skin
- Learned how to formulate different soap recipes to suit your individual needs
- Produced 2 different soaps to take home with you
- Knowledge on how to make your own soaps from home in the future
- How to use a lye calculator in forming your own recipes
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- All raw and natural ingredients
- All packaging
- Handouts kit with all the information you need
Upon completion of this workshop you should have the confidence to make more soap at home, experimenting with different ingredients, fragrances, exfoliants and colours. Soap making can be very addictive, with endless possibilities for creativity!
- Class runs for approximately 4 - 4.5 hours, including time for a tea break
- Included in the cost of the class: all materials and use of equipment, class notes & recipes, about 2 kilograms of soap.
- Class size is limited at 6 people. Participants must be aged 16 or over. Not suitable for pregnant women.
- This class is suitable for vegans.
- Free parking available on the street.
What to bring
- A long sleeved shirt and wear closed shoes
- A bag such as grocery enviro bag, and old towel to carry your soap home
- Optional: Safety goggles and disposable gloves will be provided in class, but you may bring your own if you prefer.
- Optional: If you have your own oils or moulds that you would like to bring to use in class, you are welcome.
We will take precautions and nobody has been hurt in this class before, but if you partake in this class, you must agree to take full responsibility for any damages, injuries to yourself and/or your personal property, which you may incur whilst participating in this class.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you can't make it on the day
Parent and Child Melt and Pour Soap Class, at Sun 10 Mar at 2pm
Soy Candle Making Class, at Sun 17 Mar at 2pm
No prior knowledge required
This workshop is great for individuals and couples as well as for a hens party, special occasion, team building activity, birthday, corporate event or client entertainment activity.
Exact location is anonymised for privacy. You'll get the specific address after booking.
In case you haven't noticed where the class schedule is, just click here and/or look at the bottom of your screen. Then click the "Tap to pick a time" dropdown menu to select a time.
By Louise Gunawan (attended on 20 Jan 2019)
By Sue Levens (attended on 20 Jan 2019)
By Jelena Faine (attended on 20 Jan 2019)
By Sansan Djuandhi (attended on 29 Dec 2018)
By Belinda Johnson (attended on 29 Dec 2018)
By Debbie Cole (attended on 15 Dec 2018)
By Tara Foster (attended on 15 Dec 2018)
By Paola Covenas (attended on 1 Dec 2018)
By Carolyn Peek (attended on 1 Dec 2018)
By Prerna Pallavi (attended on 17 Nov 2018)
By Maria Buenviaje (attended on 17 Nov 2018)
By Alyx McEvoy (attended on 17 Nov 2018)
By Lily Widodo (attended on 21 Oct 2018)
By Anna Do (attended on 21 Oct 2018)
By Analee Younan (attended on 26 Sep 2018)
By Anne Foy (attended on 30 Sep 2018)
By Lucienne Calvi (attended on 30 Sep 2018)
We'll keep you posted!