The ClassBento website does not work properly on Internet Explorer older than version 11 (which is what you're using now). Sorry!
Please use a newer version of Internet Explorer, or better yet, another browser, like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Pick time(s) that suit you
reply   This teacher usually responds within a few hours
done   If the teacher is available, you'll be sent a link to book
This class costs $150 per person when you book for 1 student, $140 pp for 2 students, $133 for 3+ students
You did not pass the Captcha test. Please click the button to try again
Pick a time on
Click 'Book', then tick the 'gift' option in the checkout, to get a giftable certificate
TIME2.5 hours 2.5 hrs
PRICE$133 - $150 $133-$150 pp info_outline
By the end of the school holidays, you will have your own little sushi master!
DID YOU KNOW?
→ Japanese kids are the world’s healthiest eaters
→ Japanese children have the "highest health life expectancy"
→ Cooking programs and classes for children seem to positively influence children's food preferences and behaviour!
With my Superkids Sushi Class, I help your children (and you) develop life long healthy eating habits. This in turn will help them develop a stronger bond with you at home, especially at the dinner table. It's also a fun day out for the kids!
FIRST CHILD = FREE!
All children must be accompanied by an adult. The adult price for the lesson is $150, with the first child being free, and the second child an extra $50. Due to WH&S reasons, there is a limit of only two children per parent.
You get a 2 hour hands-on workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of Japanese home-cooking including essential Japanese seasonings, cooking techniques a variety of yummy Japanese recipes! It will be yummy AND healthy because we will use only top quality Japanese ingredients that are produced by following traditional methods, which makes it tastier and healthier!
WHAT’S ON THE MENU!
* Learn how to hand-form mounds of sushi rice and roll sushi the proper way!
* Make a variety of Nori rolls, including thin rolls, thick rolls and inside-out rolls!
* Enjoy freshly made sushi with healthy and yummy miso soup using authentic miso - there’s no MSG!
* Try authentic Japanese tea!
* Taught by Chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, 20 years of experience in teaching, author of "Cooking with Soy", " Cooking with Japanese super foods" and renowned for cooking in some of Sydney’s top kitchens and work on The Biggest Loser
* Learn through detailed demonstration from the teacher PLUS hands-on practice
* No washing required, unlike most cooking classes - all you do is learn, cook, eat and have fun!
* Enjoy freshly made healthy Japanese foods that are easy to replicate at home!
* Learn and try Japanese superfoods - the secrets of Japanese health and weight loss that you don’t know much about!
* It is plant-based (Cholesterol free)
* We don’t use any refined sugar, salt or oil, making it a really healthy meal!
* Only use authentic Japanese ingredients, making our food tastier and more delicious!
* Once you learn the basics of Japanese cooking, it’s easy to add other ingredients you love!
* Take home recipes to impress your friends and family at home!
Also, all of Yoshiko's classes (except the "Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)") are suitable for vegans.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CLASS
* “I really enjoyed the class. Not being a cooking lover I found the class a great step into enjoying Japanese cooking! " Jessica Dollard
* "The class was educational, Professional, Entertaining, And Delicious! " Cathie Mathews
* "I loved every minute of it. Can’t wait to come book again." Amanda Rogers
• Reservations may be transferred to another available class if more than 7 days’ notice is given.
• If you cannot make it to your reserved class, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
• Cancellations are not refundable.
• Booking is essential and is subject to availability.
Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced), at Sat 2 Mar at 1pm
Superfood Gyoza Cooking Workshop, at Sun 3 Mar at 1pm
Japanese Superfoods as Medicine Workshop, at Sat 16 Mar at 1pm
Superfood Sushi Workshop, at Sun 17 Mar at 1pm
Japanese Cooking Class (Beginner), at Sat 30 Mar at 1pm
None, beginners welcome
All equipment is provided. Bring your appetite!
Loft And Earth, 70 Bronte Rd, Bondi Junction NSW
In case you haven't noticed where the class schedule is, just click here and/or look at the bottom of your screen. Then click the "Tap to pick a time" dropdown menu to select a time.
By James Russell-Wills (attended on 14 Jul 2018)
We'll keep you posted!