The ClassBento website does not work properly on Internet Explorer older than version 11 (which is what you're using now). Sorry!
Please use a newer version of Internet Explorer, or better yet, another browser, like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
For many of us, cooking a meal at home is completely out of the question. It takes too much time. It’s a chore. It’s hard. Restaurants simply do it better, and now there are plenty of healthy and cheap options out there for us to choose from. But before you throw in the cooking apron for good, consider some of the benefits of learning how to cook at home.
For one, it’s undeniably healthier. There are studies* that show that people who follow an at-home diet are more likely to have a body mass index (BMI) and body fat percentage in the normal range. People who eat at home are also more likely to eat more fruits and vegetables than those who eat out regularly.
But that’s not the only advantage. Home-cooking is also cheaper**. Fast food and take away may seem cost-effective, but you get more for your money when you buy the nutrient-dense ingredients to cook at home.
And lastly, cooking is fun. Learning new recipes is stimulating and promotes creativity. Going to a cooking class can be an exciting activity to do with friends, family, or even as a romantic night out. It can also be a fun team-building activity, or a thoughtful gift for your loved ones. Recently, it’s even become popular as a hen party idea. Plus, cooking for yourself or your loved ones is a wonderful feeling. So why not try out a cooking class?
Classbento offers a variety of unique cooking classes that you can attend on your own or with a partner or group. Here are just some of the areas of cooking you can explore in a Classbento cooking class:
• Exploring new flavors. One of the most satisfying parts of cooking is learning about how other cultures from around the world have their own unique flavors and cooking styles. That said, getting started can be tricky. If you’ve ever spent money on those hard-to-find ingredients only to throw away the whole final product, you know the struggle. Luckily, by taking a cooking course, you can take the pressure off and just enjoy the fun part: the cooking! Whether you’re interested in trying out South Indian, Italian, or Japanese style cooking, there’s a Classbento class to teach you the basics.
• How to cook with kids. Let’s face it, it can be tough to involve kids in cooking. But when you see the look on their faces when they learn how to turn what they always thought of as boring ingredients into something wonderful and tasty, you’ll both be glad you signed up for a kid-focused cooking class. Your little one can become an expert in both French-style cooking and Japanese sushi with Classbento classes.
• Vegetarian delights. If you are vegetarian, you’re probably always looking for more variety in your diet. And, if you’re not vegetarian, you’d be surprised at how enriching it can be to pay a little bit more attention to the greens in your life. Classbento offers quite a few different vegetarian-based cooking classes, from The Power of Miso to Shojin Ryori Vegetarian Cooking course, and more.
• Cooking for health. Like we said before, cooking at home is naturally going to lead to a healthier overall diet, but there are ways to boost the health factor. Courses like the Natural Weightloss with Japanese Superfoods class is a great way to familiarize yourself with ingredients that are both tasty and good for you. After learning how to cook with health in mind, you’ll never have to struggle through another diet plan.
• The basics of great cooking. Have you ever wanted to perfect the simple omelet breakfast? How about learning how to choose the best seasonal ingredients to make your dishes pop? It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned cook or a total beginner, learning or reacquainting yourself with the foundations of cooking is a good idea. Try out the Cafe Style Food Lovers Course to gain confidence in cooking the cafe favorites like crepes.
So if you’re wracking your brain for a good group activity or you’re looking to impress your date with something more than the old dinner and a movie, a cooking class is the way to go. All of the classes are hands-on and practical, so that you can easily recreate the dishes at home. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the clean up. That’s a pretty sweet deal!
You’ll have fun and you’ll learn a skill that you can use every single day.